LMIS is a mechanism to provide and manage all information regarding Labour Market. It has the capability to collect, evaluate & disseminate Labour market information to all stakeholders. LMIS can help the job seekers to find relevant job/work & through the LMIS, the employers can get required manpower. For a developing and fast growing economy like India, LMIS is the key mechanism to realize the true potential of its workforce.
Importance of Labour Market Information System (LMIS)
LMIS assists the Government to:-
- Devise and develop active Labour Market policies to close the Skill Gaps.
- Evaluate the results of implemented Labour Market Policies.
- Provide key indicators of demand and Supply labour in India.
- Bring all stakeholders on one platform and match skills to jobs
LMIS assists the Jobseekers/Unemployed to:-
- Get information about the relevant job openings in the market.
- Get the job as per his or her skill sets.
- Identify current and future job market opportunities.
- Manage their career planning and development over their lifetimes
LMIS assists the Employers to:-
- Find and recruit relevant skilled workforce in the market
- Define and develop training standards for employees.
- Provide training to the employees thereby upgrading their skill-sets.
- Access information on skills available in the market.