Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a platform to provide recognition to the informal learning or learning through work to get equal acceptance as the formal levels of education. It aims to appreciate prior learning irrespective of the medium of achieving it. In short, RPL is a process of assessment of an individual’s prior learning to give due importance to learning as an outcome rather than learning as a process.
RPL Project Types
- RPL 1 (RPL Camps) – RPL in a location where workers of a particular sector are consolidated (such as Industrial and/or Traditional Clusters)
- RPL 2 (Employer’s Premises) – RPL on-site at an employer’s premises
- RPL 3 (RPL Centers) – RPL at designated centers for geographically scattered workers who need to be mobilized (such as PMKVY locations)
- RPL 4 (RPL with Best in Class Employers) – RPL with Reputed employers/industries and Employees of Best-In-Class Employers (BICE) from all the sectors.
Benefits of Employers:
- Recognizing the demand for skilled manpower.
- Access to the trained resources under MEPSC through its affiliated network of training institute
- Departmental Head/Supervisors/Workshop Managers will be recognized as “Employer Assessor”
- Co-Branding on the certification carrying the logo of MEPSC-NSDC-MSDE-Employer
Benefits of Employees:
- Government recognized certificate related to your specified job roles
- 500/- employee payout will be done by NSDC directly
- 2 Lac Accidental Insurance for 3 years under PMSBY (RPL PMKVY 2016-20) scheme
To ensure that the candidates being assessed under RPL are also oriented to the standardized NSQF levels, QP-NOSs that would be followed under RPL will be the same as the ones followed under fresh training. Further, to ensure the acceptance of RPL in the Indian market, various pilots have been conducted by different sector skill councils and NSDA and the learnings are incorporated while preparing the guidelines for RPL in the PMKVY.
MEPSC invites Training Partners (TP) to submit draft proposals and propose targets for conducting RPL.
Official Web Link: https://rpldap.pmkvyofficial.org/
For MEPSC a trainee can choose from the following job roles to participate:-